Saturday, August 3, 2019

Writing blog posts for your readers (not for Google)



It's all about Search Engine Optimization, right? Wrong! It's all about our readers, our fans, because without them we have nothing.

Instead of writing a blog post to simply find your place on a Google search, write your posts to give your readers something worth reading.

I have read articles that state it is best to add photos throughout the entire blog post. I have also read blogs that do this. Want to know what ends up happening? I skip to the end of the article...particularly if it is an article that contains a recipe. I have repeated out loud numerous times, "I just want to see the recipe!"

This is why I choose not to add multiple photos throughout my articles. I always add one to the top and from time to time I will add one at the end as well. But that is it for this girl!

Ultimately, you need to do what YOU like and what you think your readers would like and appreciate. Because again, it is all about them.

I have also read the longer the article the better when it comes to Google rankings. I will say this again...it is not ALL about Google, it is about the reader. I have a food blog that I have had since 2009! The Fiery Whisk Baking Blog and if I went on and on and on, about 900 words worth, about a particular recipe, I'm pretty sure my readers would be bored by the time they got to the actual recipe. I said all that to say, it truly depends on the type of blog you have as to how long or short your blog posts should be.

Tips to take from this post:
  1. Write engaging content with the reader in mind, not Google
  2. Definitely add a photo or two
  3. Consider the length of your posts according to the type of blog you have
  4. Think about what type, and length of article you would appreciate reading and structure your blog posts accordingly 
More from Ideal Exposure SMM:

Business owners: Learn how to create free time and peace in your life

What is the difference between an emojicon and an emoji?

Why I do what I do as a social media manager

No comments:

Post a Comment