Sunday, June 9, 2019

What is the difference: Emojicon vs. Emoji


I was recently reading an article online where the author was referring to emojis as emojicons. I have to admit, I was confused. For the last year, at least, I have always referred to them and heard the cute little pictures described as emoji's. Research ensued.

After reading the definition of both, I was still confused. So, what does the social media manager in me do? I hit the "image" button on Google after I conducted my search of "emojicon vs. emoji. And there she was...in her full glory. A picture similar to the one I made and posted at the top of this post.

A picture is definitely worth a thousand words. Particularly in this instance.

Now, back to the article I was reading. It was a recent post, so after learning the difference I wondered why the author chose to use the verbiage emojicon as opposed to emoji. Even our cell phones have emoji options, so the emojicon is outdated. The only place you may want to use one is from your laptop (since you have to use symbols, letters or numbers to create them). However, the more popular social media sites now give you emoji options.

I have to admit, I did not expect to learn the difference between emojicons and emojis from that article. I am still unsure as to why the author referred to them this way. But, that's OK. I learned something new anyway!

More from Ideal Exposure Social Media Management: 

Why you need a social media manager




No comments:

Post a Comment